May 01, 2008

Isha Koppikar's upset with Ram Gopal Varma


The Isha Koppikar starrer Shabri is complete but it'll take a while to hit the theatres. Ram Gopal Varma is completely focused on Sarkar Raj.

The film's lead actress is understandably disappointed over the delay.

"Who wouldn't be?" retorts the actress who was looking to shed her item girl tag once and for all with this woman-centric daku drama directed by Lalit Marathe.

But Koppikar is not mooning over what-could-have-been-but-isn't-happening.

"I've moved on and have other movies to look forward to," she insists.

"Ramu is known to release a bunch of movies, one after the other. I think the same will happen with Shabri. May be he will come back to it once he releases Sarkar Raj."

Out of the mould
Meanwhile, Koppikar herself has turned her attention to Sooraj Barjatya's Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi. If not Shabri, this movie could help her break out of the mould given that it has her playing a salwar kameez woman of substance.

But the Khallas girl is quick to add that she didn't take on this modern-day-remake of Tapasya to shatter a stereotype.

"The film industry is infamous to typecast actors but I took on Ek Vivaah.. because of the banner. And with Sooraji constantly messaging to compliment me on my performance, I think I'm on the right track."

No comments:

Post a Comment