May 02, 2008

From ten-minute role to six movies!

From ten-minute role to six movies! Her first role in a Hindi movie lasted barely ten minutes. But it was enough to land her roles in six movies. We're talking about Bhairavi Goswami, the girl who played a nymphomaniac in Bheja Fry. The busy bee has recently completed shooting for Mr Bhatti on Chutti, Kacha Limbu and My Daddy strongest. The other films in her kitty include Bheja Fry 2, My friend Ganesha 2 and one untitled project. Relaxing with her two dogs in her plush flat on the seventh floor overlooking the Worli seaface in Mumbai, the actress talks about her films and more. Excerpts: How did you get so many movies after only one release? Through sheer luck! What were you doing before Bheja Fry? I got into theatre and then went on to modelling and finally movies. My first play, Liar Liar, was with Dinyar Contractor in Mumbai followed by Mad house. Both were huge hits and performed around the world.

'People noticed me in Bheja Fry'


How did Bheja Fry happen?

I was doing a play -- Coffee, Tea or Me, when Sagar Bellary (director of Bheja Fry) came backstage and asked me if I was interested in a role in his movie. I was reluctant at first but he came to my house the next day and convinced me.

Are you happy that you accepted that role?

In hindsight, I am very happy that I did Bheja Fry because people noticed me.

You got along well with your first director?

Sagar is technically perfect, his attention to detail is phenomena Text: A Ganesh Nadar




'Amitabh Bachchan appears in a special guest role in Mr Bhatti...'


What about your role in Kacha Limbu?

In Kacha Limbu I play a totally deglamourised schoolteacher.

And what about Mr Bhatti goes on Chutti?

In Mr Bhatti... I play my usual glamorous self. I am very proud of the fact that Amitabh Bachchan appears in a special guest role in the movie. The fact that he is doing a cameo speaks volumes of the movie.

What is so special about Mr Bhatti?

Anupam Kher, my co-star, has outdone himself in the film. Mr Bhatti... is also releasing in Pakistan as it stars two big actors from that country. It is the only film in Hindi which has been shot start to finish in Scotland. It was shot in 40 days. There is also an Australian supermodel Emma acting in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment