May 01, 2008

An exciting launch for Aamir Khan’s nephew

Aamir Khan is planning an exciting launch for his nephew, Imran Khan in the movie Jaane Tu Yaan Jaane Naa.

aamir khan

The movie is to see the return of Mansoor Khan, the man who directed Aamir’s first film ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’ and the hit ‘Jo Jeeta Woh Sikander’ among others. Mansoor returns as producer.

Besides, the movie also marks the directorial debut of writer Abbas Tyrewala who has written stupendous movies including Munnabhai MBBS , Maqbool , and Main Hoon Na anad many others

Aamir Khan writes in his blog,” “While I was busy with Taare Zameen Par (TZP), he was doing Jaane Tu (JT), and when I saw the completed film it was an excellent translation onto screen of the script, which for me is the most important yardstick for any filmmaker.”

He continued, “I finally managed to lure Mansoor out of his hiding place. When I took over as director of TZP I needed a hands-on producer on JT so I requested Mansoor. To his credit despite his reluctance he did not hesitate to step in. I would like to think it was because of me but I suspect it was because of Nasir Sahab.”

“Both Mansoor and I know that Nasir Sahab would have wanted the two of us to stand by Imran at this important juncture in his career. So Mansoor makes a return, albeit as producer,” he added.Nasir Hussain refers to Mansoor Khan’s father who launched Aamir in QSQT.

Now the event waited with baited breath is the the date of July 4th when the launch of Imran Khan will clash with the launch of another biggie, Harman Baweja the son of producer Harry Baweja in their movie, Love story 2050.

Regarding the production houses, it is going to be a clash of titans.

No comments:

Post a Comment