December 12, 2008

Priyanka Chopra in a Bandhej-Bandhini saree

priyanka chopra
Priyanka Chopra in a Bandhej-Bandhini saree
Is it just me or I am noticing more and more of the Bhandej sarees with Bandhini designs these days.
I have a special liking for Bandhini designs; it reminds me of beautiful, simple and charming gujarati folks, I love the bright color and I love the techniques of making the design.
So I am a little biased when a genre that I like is updated and made popular again.
Notice that other than the variation is color, the saree is pretty simple, unlike the saree that Celina Jaitly is wearing. There is some embellishment in the blouse but not so much that it detract from the ‘down to earth” character of the saree.
Mangalsutra she is wearing is a nice touch too; but then she is trying to put sindoor in her part to convey devotion to her husband, so it all makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment