August 06, 2008

Deepika and Soha add glamour to the badminton court

deepika

She is indeed a daddy’s girl, or so could be seen when Deepika Padukone enthralled sports lovers with her badminton skills at the Tata Open Badminton tournament in Mumbai last Thursday. Along with her was Soha Ali Khan who played with Aparna Popat. Deepika teamed up with her father Prakash Padukone who in turn was quite happy with her daughter’s performance.
“She was quiet good. She was not the no. one, she was no. three or four in the state but she used to play very regularly until she reached the tenth standard but she has not played for a long time…I mean after that she went into modelling and then got into films,” said Prakash Padukone.
To be known here that Deepika played at the State level in Bangalore until her mid-teens.
“I am very happy to come here. I love to play badminton. I have been playing badminton since my childhood, so I think I’ll enjoy participating in it a lot and I guess I am going to play also here,” said Deepika.
Soha, who has always been a big sports lover, was excited at playing along with the professionals. “I have always loved badminton. I played it in school a lot. I played it in university. I haven’t ever played it at such a professional level before with the professional players like Prakash Padukone and Deepika Padukone. It was great fun because I am a huge fan of the sport,” said Soha.
For the viewers, it was definitely a memorable moment to see their favorite stars sizzle at the badminton court.

No comments:

Post a Comment